"whats your sexuality?" "money"
The gang’s all here.
"whats your sexuality?" "money"
The gang’s all here.
It’s not John Green’s fault that Laverne Cox wasn’t included the TIME 100.
John Green did not make the decision to not include Laverne Cox in the TIME 100.
John Green being included in the TIME 100 and Laverne Cox not being included does not reflect badly on him— it reflects badly on TIME magazine.
Stop acting like children and place blame where it belongs instead of looking for a fucking scapegoat.
Stop being mad at John Green for things he didn’t do/he didn’t have control over 2K14
People really think that John Green shouldn’t be included in this list- probably because he’s white and a male and therefore has no real influence, it’s all fake and he’s made NO DIFFERENCE
Do your research.
- Since 2007, the project for awesome has raised way over $100000 for charities such as (in 2013) The Harry Potter Alliance, This Star Won’t Go Out, Not Forgotten, Save the Children, Liberty in North Korea, Childs Play, water.org, The Thirst Project, Partners for Mental Health, TECHO, To Write Love on Her Arms, The Office of Letters and Light, The World Food Programme, Feeding America (which works with food banks around the US), The Wayne Foundation, Pencils for Kids, Women for Women International, First Book, Kiva, Doctors without Borders
- He encourages people to be themselves, to act smart around other people and to learn and read and do good things
- His books have inspired so many other artists and writers
Not to mention one of the most popular covers of An Abundance of Katherines was designed by a nerdfighter
- Some of the music inspired by his books: (X) (X) (X) (X) (X)
- Nerdfighters are writing their own book as a collection
- Projects from the Nerdfighteria Projects page:
Vlogtubers (a group inspired by John and Hank to make awesome videos)
IttakesII (connecting siblings through youtube)
Generation of awesome (people making videos about what matters to them)
Again and again, more people inspired by the vlogbrothers to make videos and do amazing things to make friends and talk about things that matter (X)
- Quotes from John’s page from his watchers/ readers:
- “ I also felt inspired to expand my vocabulary. Elaborating my English grade largely.” - Rosie Jiggins, 14, England.
- “ I usually don’t read English books but you inspired me to read. your book are helping me through life and they are helping me to improve my writing skills.” - Tsion
- “I do not believe I have ever read anything where it felt as it had changed me, until I read The Fault In Our Stars.” - Brooklynn Hastey , age 15.
- “It has occurred to me that you have changed my life.” - Gracie
- “I have great admiration for you” - Ana Lara Sabino
- “Your honestly and compassion with which you write with makes me constantly change my perspective towards many things in life and want to change others perspectives with the same compassion and drive you have. ” - Samantha
- “ You really got me in to reading!” - Sally
- “I just wanted to post this letter to express the importance, and the impact that this moving book has left on me, and the thousands of other individuals who have been engulfed by TFIOS.” - ASMM 13
- "You have been one of the most inspirational authors whose books I’ve read." - Rachel
- “I am deeply grateful to you John, for the books that changed me.” - Stas
- This was literally just scrolling down for a minute or so. The page is literally filled with gratitude and thanks for his inspiration and books
- The #hairforhazel project got over a hundred people to donate at least 8 inches of hair for the Children with Hair Loss charity
- August 3 is Esther day, for John’s friend and amazing person who died of cancer when she was just 16. John Green told Esther that he and his brother Hank wanted to celebrate her birthday as long as there were vlogbrothers videos, and that the videos on that day could be about whatever she chose. After some reflection, Esther decided she wanted it to be a day to celebrate love for family and friends. So since 2010, August 3rd or Esther Day has become a holiday that reminds us to verbalize our love for friends and family, the important people in our lives who we might not remember to say “I love you” to very often. (X)
- And John green’s books are just as inspirational too:
- "What is the point in being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?" -ABOK
- "We are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be.” - LFA
- "if you don’t imagine, nothing ever happens at all." PT
- "What a treacherous thing to think a person is more than a person." -PT
- "People lack good mirrors. It’s so hard for anyone to show us how we look, and so hard for us to show anyone how we feel." - PT
- And his actual vlogbrothers quotes:
- “Saying ‘I notice you’re a nerd’ is like saying, ‘Hey, I notice that you’d rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you’d rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. ”
- "Use your words"
- "The venn diagram of boys who don’t like smart girls and boys you don’t want to date, is a circle."
- "Nerd life is so much better than regular life."
- "When you acknowledge that there is nothing repulsive or unforgivable or shameful about yourself, it becomes easier to be that authentic person and feel like you’ve living a less preformed life."
- He treats women like real life people: “When of course, a women needs a strong man like a fish needs a bicycle.”
- "That’s always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people would want to be around someone because they’re pretty, it’s like picking breakfast cereal based on colour instead of taste.” - PT
And he does all of this while being an incredible husband, father of two and brother:
Yes, of course Laverne Cox deserved and should have been on that list
BUT SO DID JOHN GREEN
THIS IS NOT A PASTY ASS
THIS IS SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE
Hanji uses her 3DMG like she’s a fucking magical girl
magestic fucker holy shit look at her go
I hope when you die you get to see your stats like how many times you laughed or told a lie or kissed or how many people loved you and how many people hated you and what you meant to people
Squirrel Girl needs a movie.
LISTEN UP YOU MAGGOTS
THIS CHARACTER IS BY FAR THE MOST POWERFUL, THE MOST INTERESTING, AND THE MOST WORTHY OF BEING YOUR ROLE MODEL EVER.
FIRST OFF SHE NEVER ONCE GOES GRIMDARK NOT ONCE AND WHEN SPEEDBALL WENT AND DID HIS STUPID CLIVE BARKER POINTS POINTED INWARD ARMOR THING SHE CALLED HIM OUT ON IT AND OUTRIGHT DECLARED SUCH A THING WAS CHILDISH AND MADE HIM INEFFECTIVE AS A HERO BECAUSE A HERO HAS TO BE APPROACHABLE.
ALSO LETS TALK ABOUT HER SUPERPOWER. YOU TAKE ONE LOOK AT HER AND THINK SHE’S JUST A LOSER RIGHT? WRONG. SQUIRREL GIRL HAS THE MUTANT POWER TO NOT ONLY HAVE SQUIRREL TRAITS BUT CAN ALSO COMMAND THE ABSOLUTE LOYALTY OF SQUIRRELS. HOW MANY SQUIRRELS? TRY EVERY SQUIRREL EVERY WHERE. FLYING SQUIRRELS, TREE SQUIRRELS, I BET YOU SOMEHOW SHE CAN EVEN COMMAND THE LOYALTY OF SOME SHITASTICALLY RARE POISON SQUIRRELS.
BECAUSE OF THIS POWER SHES MANAGED TO TAKE ON FOES THAT WOULD NORMALLY JUST INCINERATE HER ON THE SPOT. SHE TOOK ON DOCTOR VICTOR VON DOOM FOR PETE’S PATOOTS NOT A DOOM BOT THE ACTUAL DOCTOR DOOM AN ACTUAL SORTA ALIEN GOD CALLED THE WATCHER HAD TO ACTUALLY FACT CHECK THAT SHIT BECAUSE EVEN HE DIDNT BELIEVE IT AND THAT FUCKER NEVER INTERVENES FOR SHIT BUT HE HAD TO IN THIS CASE BECAUSE THE WORLD JUST COULDN’T BELIEVE SQUIRREL GIRL DEFEATED THE GENUINE DOCTOR DOOM HE WAS LIKE “OH HELL YEAH I HAVE TO COME DOWN AND FACT CHECK THIS SHIT THE UNIVERSE NEEDS THIS WHAT IM SURE GALACTUS CAN WAIT.”
ALSO HOLD ONTO YOUR PANTALOONS BEACUSE THIS LADY ACTUALLY TOOK ON GALACTUS AND WON.
GALACTUS YES THAT GALACTUS THE GIANT DUDE THAT EATS PLANETS SHE TOOK ON A SPACE GOD WITH NOTHIN GBUT MOTHERFUCKING SQUIRRELS.
SHE NEEDS A SERIES. A MOVIE, A FANBASE SHES JUST THAT AWESOME.
ALSO SHE’S PART OF A LOSER HERO TEAM CALLED THE GREAT LAKES AVENGERS AND ITS STAFFED BY A DUDE WHO CAN COME BACK TO LIFE WHEN HE DIES LIKE KENNY FROM SOUTH PARK
IM DONE HERE JUST USE WIKIPEDIA ALREADY DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT
No, seriously, it has become something of a running gag that Squirrel Girl can defeat any villain.
She is like “Instant Fun, just add Squirrel Girl”.
I strongly recommend reading her adventures, they are just super-great. ^__^
(Minor correction, it is actually the Great Lakes Champions, not Avengers.)
(She also has a healing factor and enhanced strength among some other squirrel-themed powers.)
Marvel set up a system of gauging superheroes powers and based it largely on which characters have defeated and lost to other characters to determine what those power levels are. Due to Squirrel Girl having defeated so many strong villains, they were forced to put every single power category at 7 out of 7.
She is the only Marvel character in history to achieve this.
The red are what fans think her power ratings should be.
Blue is canon ratings.
[source: http://marvel.com/universe/Squirrel_Girl ]
She beat Thanos, too.
(Didn’t she? I seem to recall reading she did.)
All hail the Squirrel Goddess
Homophobes who say “but the gay lifestyle leads to depression and higher risks of suicide”.
Like really? And why is that? Whose fault do you think that is?
how do people on tumblr become so interesting that people actually willingly ask them about their life like i’ve been here for 3 years and i’m pretty sure half of you don’t even know my name
wow this is …i really like this eridan a lot :O
wow okAY I LIKE THIS ALOT
I LIKE THIS ERIDAN
A WHOLE LOT
aghhh he’s just such a perfect voiceee
THIS IS AN EXQUISITE ERIDAN HOLY
whenever people are like “SKETCHING CIRCLES IN SAI IS SO HARD” im like
pffft I work with 6000X4000 and the size of the brush can be only not above 2000px
i dont use that trick
this is the sassiest and most helpful tutorial ever.
we’re all better and gayer people than we used to be
WHY :) DOES :) EVERYONE :) EXPECT :) GIRLS :) LIVES :) TO :) ASPIRE :) AROUND :) RELATIONSHIPS :) AND :) MARRIAGE :)
If you like this list of life hacks, follow ListOfLifeHacks for more like it!
More mouthwatering food hacks here